Erratum to: Evolutionary origin and function of NOX4- art, an arthropod specific NADPH oxidase
- Ana Caroline Paiva Gandara†1Email author,
- André Torres†2,
- Ana Cristina Bahia3,
- Pedro L. Oliveira1, 4 and
- Renata Schama2, 4Email author
© The Author(s). 2017
Received: 8 August 2017
Accepted: 8 August 2017
Published: 21 August 2017
The original article was published in BMC Evolutionary Biology 2017 17:92
The dsRNA synthesis had not been included.
A portion of the primer sequences for NOX4-art in “RNA extraction and qPCR were incorrect.
The authors intended the below dsRNA synthesis section to be included between the Synteny and protein domain and motif analysis and NOX4-art silencing section.
The authors intend that the bolded primer sequences in the below extract should replace what is in the original article (references cited are also present in the main text):
RNA extraction and qPCR
5-GGACAGGCGAAAAGTATCCA-3 replaces 5-TTG TGT TCG CAC ATC CAA CT-3 in the original article.
5-GACTGTAAACGGGTGCCACT-3 replaces 5-GGT CCA ACG AAA AAT ATC CAA A-3 in the original article.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Gandara ACP, Torres A, Bahia AC, Oliveira PL, Schama R. Evolutionary origin and function of NOX4- art, an arthropod specific NADPH oxidase. BMC Evol Biol. 2017;17:92. doi:10.1186/s12862-017-0940-0.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Dias FA, Gandara ACP, Queiroz-Barros FG, Oliveira RLL, Sorgine MHF, Braz GRC, et al. Ovarian dual Oxidase (Duox) activity is essential for insect eggshell hardening and waterproofing. J Biol Chem. 2013;288(49):35058–67.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Schmittgen TD, Livak KJ. Analyzing real-time PCR data by the comparative CT method. Nat Protoc. 2008;3:1101–8.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Gentile C, Lima JBP, Peixoto AA. Isolation of a fragment homologous to the rp49 constitutive gene of Drosophila in the Neotropical malaria vector Anopheles aquasalis (Diptera: Culicidae). Mem I Oswaldo Cruz. 2005;100(6):545–7.View ArticleGoogle Scholar